(no subject)

In porting xps (http://www.netwinder.org/~rocky/xps-home) to
GNOME/GTK, one thing that I wanted and have been sort of hacking
around is the ability to go back and forth between color names and
color values. For example you specify some value say by the color
widget and it gets converted to a name or a name that's pretty close.
I realize it's not completely portable and dependent (in X11 at any
rate) on your rgb.txt, but from a user standpoint, at least this
user's standpoint that's the way I'd prefer to refer to the color.