Re: deprecation patch

Tim Janik wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
>

> > I think these (and, just maybe, GtkTipsQuery) need to be handled
> > in a different manner than the rest of the list.
> >
> > It isn't useful to be able to turn these off with a -D flag,
> > because if you actually need a ruler in your app, then GtkHRuler
> > is a fine widget.
> >
> > What we are saying for these widgets is that we think they shouldn't
> > be in GTK+, because they are useful for a very small proportion of
> > applications. And that we, in the future, plan to find some other
> > place to put these widgets than in the core of GTK+.
>
> ok, can't we simply move them right away then and be done?
> i have no problem with releasing:
> glib-1.3.3.tar.gz
> gtk+-1.3.3.tar.gz
> gtk+extra-1.3.3.tar.gz

The gtk+extra name already used by a set of widgets

	http://gtkextra.sourceforge.net/

or will these be merged into this group?

--
The people who vote do not determine the outcome of an election,
it is the people who count the votes  -- Joseph Stalin

The counting isn't done, until the Democrats have won -- Algore