<!> in doc comments?

Hi Mathias,

I was recently trying to process a document constructed from the doc comments in gtk with xsltproc, and ran into a problem in the gtk_dialog_run() code, as it contains "<!>" twice in its doc comment, which isn't valid XML.

Using "cvs annotate", it looks like you added them in your December 13th commit (described as "markup fixes"). Does <!> have any special meaning in SGML? If not, would it be possible to remove them, as it would make my life easier (and would be one less thing to trip up on when gtk-doc moves over to docbook/xml.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/