Re: async queue?

le mar 11-12-2001 à 08:30, Mark Mielke a écrit :

> 2) The Async Queue code should actually use two conditionials instead
>    of one after implementing the above code. One conditional is used
>    to wake up threads that are waiting to pop, while the other conditional
>    is used to wake up threads that are waiting to push.

I do not think this kind of object will ever exist in glib because it
would involve 2 semaphores and a critical section and I doubt people
would be willing to get this overhead when using the data structure in a
non-multithreaded environment.

(I personally would love to see it but... :)

As a side note, you refered to the "Async Queue" and what you want is a
"Sync Queue" so, I guess you definitely should create your own version
of a "Sync Queue"

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu gnu org>