GIOChannel implementation questions

	I've been thinking about a few things in the current GIOChannel
implementation:

1.	We're currently checking for a null ('\0') as a line terminator
	in g_io_channel_read_line_*() in all cases. Should we only
	detect this if we're autodetecting?

2.	We also check that the line_term, when set by the user, is
	valid UTF-8. Since we're allowing calls to read_line_*() for
	binary channels, do we really want to do this?

3.	On a similar note, we're not currently set up to handle line
	terminators containing the null ('\0') character.

Any thoughts on how these cases should be handled?

Ron Steinke