Re: Pango Backend Abstraction
- From: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- Cc: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>, <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Pango Backend Abstraction
- Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
On 26 Aug 2001, Sven Neumann wrote:
> the current state of the Gimp Text Tool in Gimp is in no way
> final nor has it been designed with care. I haven't yet found
> the time to think about this much, but I was under the impression
> we could use the FT2 backend on all supported platforms. This
> is the main reason why I chose it.
It should be possible. If it doesn't work currently it is merely a matter
of fixing it. The FT2 backend was even originally written for win32.
> Unfortunately I had to find out that PangoFT2 lacks a lot of
> important shaper modules, but I hope we can add them later.
Yeah. We need to do this some day. We were kind of hoping that we could
design a system so that we could reuse the shapers for the freetype based
backends (FT2 and Xft).
] [Thread Prev