Re: #54720 -button children should optionally move

On 22 Aug 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Remaining possible questions about this patch:
>
>  * Should we have separate child_displacement_x/child_displacement_y
>    properties? Does it ever make sense for them to be separate

i think the argument already given, a theme wanting to change the
angle of the virtual light source generating shading, suggests that
this is necessary.

>  * Should _gtk_button_set_depressed() be exported? If someone wanted
>    to write a like-toggle-button widget right now, they wouldn't
>    be able to. On the other hand, making it public is inviting
>    confusion and abuse.

definitely not, i already came across apps that hacked this into
their widgets, so i'm pretty sure people will abuse this in
their programs instead of going through rc files.

> Regards,
>                                         Owen

---
ciaoTJ