Re: Those durn open API bugs

On 22 Aug 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Here's the remaining open API bugs, that we need to resolve in some
> fashion before freezing the API
>
>  P: We have code for this bug
>  X: There is disgreement over what to do for this bug
>  ?: This bug may be either a non-bug or something we'll can/need-to punt
>  *: New bug since last status report
>
> Names indicate people who "own" or are working on the particular bug.
>
> Query with all these bugs is:
>
>  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=glib&product=gtk%2B&product=gtk-engines&product=pango&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=1.0+API+freeze&target_milestone=2.0+API+freeze
>
> Fields are:
>
>  Notes:
>  Puntable: Guess as to how badly it would hurt to not do it for 2.0.
>  Breakage: Affect of changes on people downstream
>  Time:     Time guesstimate.
>

> Misc GLib
> =========
> 57663  g_strsplit on empty string gives non-empty string vector [*]
>   Notes: Just have to figure out exactly what it should do.
>   Puntable:
>   Breakage: Yes.
>   Time: 10 minutes

I guess my gettext patch is "sort of" an API bug too, since it adds some
API. #59386

I'd also like to get in my g_filename_to/from_uri() patch, since it helps
people doing file DnD a lot. #59387

That patch really depends on the g_ascii_is_ascii issue. Do we want to add
this function or not? What about other g_ascii_is_xx calls? #59388

/ Alex