Re: GtkPacker removal

Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> a while ago Tim Janik <timj gtk org> wrote:
>
> > recently the topic was braught up to get rid of GtkPacker
> > in Gtk+ proper.
>
> has GtkPacker been removed in the meantime? I couldn't find a
> ChangeLog entry but the Makefile doesn't seem to include it
> anymore. po/POTFILES.in on the other hands lists it which makes
> building from a tarball generated using 'make dist' fail.

It isn't supposed to be included. Unfortunately, people have
a tendency to "fix" POTFILES.in without trying a make distcheck.
I guess we need to cvs remove gtkpacker.[ch] to make the
point.

> BTW: glib's top-level Makefile.am doesn't list po in SUBDIRS.
> Is this intentional? The po directory is missing from the
> dist tarball because of this.

No, it's supposed to be in there. It wont' just be missing from
the dist tarball, translations aren't going to work if it
isn't there.