Re: Some performance notes

Hi!

> Generally, on my tests on a 400mhz celeron I felt fairly good about
> the overall performance with debugging off. Opaque resizing was a
> little more sluggish than I would like, but other operations seemed
> pretty snappy, and it would definitely have been useable on a slower
> machine.

Note that this is pretty bad. Eating 100% cpu of 400MHz celeron for GUI
is not too good. You should eat 10%... [win95 was usable on 386/40, 4MB]

Also take a look at memory being allocated. It tends to be more important
than cpu cycles. Booting with mem=32M might be nice start.
								Pavel,
	typing this on 12MB machine with 40MHz r3000 mips cpu, about
	20-30 times slower than 400MHz celeron.