Re: New GDK port: OpenGL

-> gdk/X, (e.g. wide dashed ellipses) so you'd have to implement a lot of
-> code for this. OpenGL also has very bad screen reading performance.

	If we're using SDL to get input and get drawables, then we'll have
access to all the SDL drawables functions, window handling rountines
(SDL_WM_*()), and cursor handling.  That should reduce the amount of work,
no?

	SDL is fast, and runs on many platforms, including OS X, BeOS, and
PlayStation2/Linux.  It'd make much more sense than, say, glX or WinGL
:).  http://www.libsdl.org.

-> > 3. What kind of timeframe should be expected?  Can this be done in 40
-> > hours?
-> No. I'd expect several months work.

	That long?  Ugh... I didn't think it'd be that difficult; it seems
like just a couple weeks of mapping Gdk's structs to SDL's structs and
replace X functions with the SDL equivalents... but I'm not sure how close
that mapping is.

	I'll take a look at the GDK source, but this probably means I'll
drop the idea.  I don't have time for something that big right now.

--Derek