Re: GtkRange inversion

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Carsten Burstedde wrote:

> > 2001-02-15  Havoc Pennington  <hp redhat com>
> >
> >         * gtk/gtkrange.c (gtk_range_set_inverted): new function to fix
> >         #50806
> >
> > void           gtk_range_set_inverted      (GtkRange      *range,
> >                                             gboolean       setting);
> > gboolean       gtk_range_get_inverted      (GtkRange      *range);
>
> Thanks (my linux distribution's source version was 1.2.8).

There is almost no chance that any new APIs will be added to gtk+-1.2.x.
Its API was frozen long ago, and the development version (which will
hopefully be released as stable soon (I hope)) already has the feature, as
Havoc pointed out.

The problem with adding an API to the stable branch at this point is that
if you use that API in your program, the users will require the new
version of gtk+.  You don't want to increment the shared library version
number, as that would break binary compatibility, and without doing so, if
people run a binary of your program with older copies of gtk+, the app
will die with a dynamic linking error.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au