> >   locale = setlocale (LC_CTYPE, NULL);
> > #endif
> >
> > and gtkimmulticontext.c has:
> >
> > #ifdef HAVE_LC_MESSAGES
> > 	  locale = setlocale (LC_MESSAGES, NULL);
> > #else
> > 	  locale = setlocale (LC_CTYPE, NULL);
> > #endif
> >
> > So we seem to have some missed opportunity for portability functions,
> > but you should be able to do something along these lines.
>
> Would you object to a g_get_locale() function?

 If that function will be added - it should accept an argument telling the
"category" of locale programmer needs to know about - similar to LC_MESSAGES,
LC_DATE, LC_NUMERIC, LC_CTYPE  - otherwise ability to set different locales
for differrent categories would be lost (and it's extremely useful!).

 Best regards,
  -Vlad