Re: URIs vs. half-baked URIs (was Filesel drag and drop)
- From: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>
- To: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
- Cc: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>, Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: URIs vs. half-baked URIs (was Filesel drag and drop)
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:02:57 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 11:01:41PM +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > How about a function that verified that a given string is a propely
> > encoded URI?
> Theorically it doesn't work, you don't know if the % was intentional
> or not. Okay if you have % and exactly 2 numbers (arabic) then there is
> a high probability it is already escaped. But it's an heuristic at best.
Actually, the % should be followed by 2 hex digits, not arabic (20 -> hex
for decimal 32 -> " ").
I have been living under the impression that there was an rfc that
specified how URIs/URLs were supposed to look like and that it allowed for
no unescaped %-s...
> Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network http://redhat.com/products/network/
> veillard redhat com | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
> http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
I haven't been vampired. You've been Weatherwaxed.
] [Thread Prev