Re: GtkFileSelection Widget: selecting a directory

"Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva" wrote:
> In my application I happen to ask for the path (a directory) to some data. I'm
> using the GtkFileSelection Widget attached to a "Browse/Choose" button.
> However, I thought it would be nice to present the user with only the
> directory list and not the file list. I can hide the history_pulldown and the
> file_list:
>
>   gtk_widget_hide(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(filew)->history_pulldown)
>
> , but since I don't have access to the scrollbar (right ?) it leaves an empty
> space with a scroll bar.

Hi Miguel, you can make an OK dir selector by hiding the file_list parent (the
scrolled window it's inside).

        fsb = gtk_file_selection_new( "poot!" );

        gtk_widget_hide( GTK_FILE_SELECTION( fsb )->file_list );
        gtk_widget_hide( GTK_FILE_SELECTION( fsb )->file_list->parent );

        gtk_widget_show( fsb );

Pretty ugly, but it does work.

This sort of horror is one of the reasons the file selector can't now be
modified much :-(

John