gtk_image_new*() and GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY

Hi,

I have a suggestion about changing the behavior of gtk_image_new*() and
gtk_image_get_storage_type() functions.

As far as I understand if an image can't be created right way (eg if passed
wrong path to gtk_image_new_from_file (char* filename)) the image is created
with GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY as GtkImageType.

I don't think it's a good idea to return a faulty image created and I don't
think that it's good even to create such images. I assume that it's better to
return NULL if a new GtkImage can't be created and rid off GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY at
all.

As far as I can see GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY is used in gtk_image_new*() and
gtk_image_get_storage_type(GtkImage *image) functions only.

I assume that GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY incorrectly used in gtk_image_get_storage_type().
GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY is returned by gtk_image_get_storage_type() if a parameter
passed to the function is not an GtkImage or it's type is GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY. So,
the same value is returned for valid and invalid GtkImage's.

So, I propose;
1) rid off GTK_IMAGE_EMPTY;
2) make gtk_image_new*() return NULL if a valid GtkImage can't be created;
3) add GTK_IMAGE_INVALID and make gtk_image_get_storage_type() return it if
incorrect parameter to the function passed.

What do you think?

Vitaly.