Re: per thread x connection
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Ulrich Czekalla <ulrich czekalla utoronto ca>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: per thread x connection
- Date: 26 Apr 2001 09:50:47 -0400
Ulrich Czekalla <ulrich czekalla utoronto ca> writes:
> We need an x connection per display in order to facilitate the implementation
> of sendmessage across processes. Basically we need an event/signal loop for each
> thread. This simplifies things, allowing individual threads to wait on their
> X connection for new events.
> In addition to a per-thread connection, Wine would need to be in charge of
> waiting for events when idling. So we need some way of polling on behalf of
GTK won't do this; GTK can poll on behalf of WINE though. ;-)
> The more I think about it, it seems like it will be a lot of work.
Yes. What does it achieve? Doesn't WINE implement MFC or whatever?
] [Thread Prev