Re: PATCH: Fix for gtk_window_focus_filter()

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> As discussed with Owen, this is the patch that fixes
> gtk_window_focus_filter().  May I commit it?

Yes, go ahead, though could you add a note to the filter
function:

 /* We only track the actual destination of keyboard events
  * for real toplevels, not for embedded toplevels such
  * as GtkPlug. The reason for this is that GtkPlug redirects
  * events so the widget may effectively not have the focus
  * even if it actually has the focus.
  */

Thanks,
                                        Owen

> 2001-04-19  Federico Mena Quintero  <federico ximian com>
>
> 	* gtk/gtkwindow.c (gtk_window_focus_filter): Only consider
> 	crossing events if the parent of the window is the root window.
> 	This is so that GtkPlugs will not do funny things when they think
> 	they should get the focus.

[
 Just noticed another pathology (not at all new, will be
 more or less fixed by the new protocol in GTK+-2.0):

  Without a window manager running, move the focus to an
  embedded child - focus becomes stuck on that toplevel.
]