Re: PATCH: Fix for gtk_window_focus_filter()
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix for gtk_window_focus_filter()
- Date: 25 Apr 2001 10:16:17 -0400
Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:
> As discussed with Owen, this is the patch that fixes
> gtk_window_focus_filter(). May I commit it?
Yes, go ahead, though could you add a note to the filter
/* We only track the actual destination of keyboard events
* for real toplevels, not for embedded toplevels such
* as GtkPlug. The reason for this is that GtkPlug redirects
* events so the widget may effectively not have the focus
* even if it actually has the focus.
> 2001-04-19 Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
> * gtk/gtkwindow.c (gtk_window_focus_filter): Only consider
> crossing events if the parent of the window is the root window.
> This is so that GtkPlugs will not do funny things when they think
> they should get the focus.
Just noticed another pathology (not at all new, will be
more or less fixed by the new protocol in GTK+-2.0):
Without a window manager running, move the focus to an
embedded child - focus becomes stuck on that toplevel.
] [Thread Prev