Re: GObject and Gtk+ Finalization

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 10:28:53PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > > You just removed the count owned by pass_object_to_owner(). The
> > > floating count remains, but can be removed at any time.
> >
> > Yes, with an unref
>
> No you can't remove the floating count with unref. Period. Those are
> the rules dude. ;-)

/me bangs head against wall

yes you can.  Fuck rules, read code :)

Anyway, moot point.  I know your argument, all I'm saying is that while
it may not be right (you say so, I don't) it DOES work.

My point is.  IF code doesn't sink in init, things still work if you only use
ref/unref.  That is, you NEVER call sink.  If it's correct or not, who cares.
It DOES work.

/me bangs Havocs head against wall a bit for good meassure

Anyway ... I do ref/sink in such objects in my code.  And it was not my
argument.  However my code worked perfectly before I did this, because I
wasn't sinking anything anywhere.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   The great masses of the people ... will more easily