Re: GLib headers

Hi Tim,

> > But I would like to rename glib-object.h to gobject.h, is that possible,
> > Tim, or was there some other reasoning behing that name other than
> > avoiding gobject.h inside /usr/include?
>
> yes, name conflicts/confusion.
> there's already gobject/gobject.h which holds the struct GObject
> implementation and is way different from the inclusion master file
> glib-object.h.

Ok, but it still looks ugly.

> thanks for doing the header split ups, however there's one thing i
> want to see reverted, that is:
>
>         * gmacros.h: Added G_BEGIN_DECLS and G_END_DECLS to mean: 'in case
>         of C++: extern "C" { ... }' analogous to glibc __BEGIN_DECLS and
>         __END_DECLS.
>
> we decided against that for glib and gtk+ pretty early on after GNOME
> introduced their pendants macros.

Oh, what a shame. Was there some specific reason? I mean, it looks much better
and all GLib-dependend header files could save some trouble. Furthermore also
glibc has such macros, so they can't be evil right away. (But I don't want to
bother you too much. Just shout at me to shut up and I will).

Still another problem is unsolved:

Owen wants to have all header files in a subdir glib. The best way to achieve
that would be to move (almost) all *.h,v and *.c,v files from /cvs/glib to
/cvs/glib/glib (also the gthread, gmodule, gobject subdirs) on the cvs server.
That would make the glib-structure akin to that of gtk, as such would keep all
*.c files in the same dir as the corresponding *.h files and would save the
history for us. I can not do it, as I can't login to cvs.gnome.org (only via
cvs). So it's obviously up to one of the red hatters to do it.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi ira uka de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå