Re: Window naming convention

> > Doesn't the choice of "filename - app" vs "app: filename" count as
> > "policy", thus putting it in gnome-libs's domain rather than Gtk's?
> >

> GTK has tons of policy. I think this was a weak rationale someone made
> up once, that has never made any sense.

The point raised by George is implied as `Will the user ever change
this setting?' and if so, it should use GConf.

This is more a matter of Style and I am not sure that it is such a
good idea to have so much configurable Style (it just leads to shitty
GUIs as we have experimented ourselves), so maybe it should be a
convention.

The function is simple enough that I think it could be put in place
in Gtk+ 1.2 and 2.0

If it does not go into 1.2, it can still go into gnome-libs 1.4

Ideas?

Miguel.