Re: [Patch] Scrolling menus

Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > * I don't get an enter_notify event when entering the menu at a scroll
> > arrow, unless you go via a menu item.

I think the problem (without examining your code in detail yet), is
that GtkMenu doesn't have GDK_CROSSING_MASK in its event mask,
only GtkMenuItem.

> I think this is related to the whole menu_shell->ignore_enter thing,
> which I don't really grokk. Can someone describe the reason for this
> field and what it does.

The point of ignore_enter is to handle the case where the
menu is popped up from the keyboard and it happens that the
mouse is over the location where the menu pops up.

Without the ignore_enter handling, the menu gets a GDK_ENTER
event  on the menu item over which the mouse pointer is and
selects it, which is wrong.

So, the basic idea of the ignore_enter field is that we ignore
the first enter notify after popping up the meu.