Re: GLib headers

Hi Dan,

> > I'm all for it. And now is a good time, because we are now starting
> > to spread our headers around in /usr/include, which is not good. We
> > should put them all (and here I mean every header apart from glib.h)
> > into a directory glib and glib.h would just include every header
> > from this dir.
>
> Not arguing for or against, but why not put glib.h there too? That
> wouldn't break anything, because glib.h isn't found in
> "-I/usr/include", it's found in `glib-config --cflags glib`, so if you
> change that, glib.h could be moved into the subdir too.

That way you can keep the namespace of the include directory clean, but not
that seen by the application. So if you're compiling an application with glib,
that also needs to include some bloody header, which name is gio.h (which we
use for glib.h), than there will be an ambiguity. I would argue for the
following setup, even though it looks a bit weird (due to the additional
subdir for 2.0).

/usr/include/glib-2.0/
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/glots_of_headers.h

Also I would like to move gmodule.h there:

/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmodule.h

Tim, what about moving glib-object.h to

/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gobject.h

Now for the gobject dir there are three possibilities:

1) Move all headers from there to glib subdir -> means loosing the visual
   hierachy info.
2) Move the gobject dir to /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gobject -> one more
   level of directory depth.
3) Move the gobject dir to /usr/include/glib-2.0/gobject. Doesn't fit well
   with /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gobject.h

So I would go with 2) What do you think? Other than that I now got a nice
working setup.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi ira uka de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå