Re: closure summary

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> 2) significantly bloating closure size for the common case

If the array is smaller for the case where you have only 1 notifier of
each type, by all means use it. That's not really the issue. The
simplification is in terms of interface (and thinking about extra
cases in the implementation, where implementation means the entire
signal/object system and user code employing it).

> why should we limit the number of notifiers to exactly 1 instead of many
> ("many" being: some implementation defined number that can be adapted
> in the future as needs arise)?
> you may have a point when you say that more than 1 is probably going to
> be a rare case scenario (and i'd like to agree here as far as my ability
> to predict the future allowes), however, i'm unable to recognize any
> significant advantage for us in that point.

OK, I've tried to explain the advantage; I can't think of any other
way to explain it. Maybe Owen can; I'll let him do so if he wants.

Havoc