Re: GLib headers

Hi Eric,

> In my working copy of GLib (http://www.lemings.com/glib/), I have split
> glib.h into a number of smaller header files.  This allows selective and
> minimalistic inclusion of GLib and is still backward-compatible.  (See
> preprocessed "output" file from including glist.h for example.)  I used
> the division of source files and sections from the API reference as a
> guide.  I've tested inclusion of each header file.
>
> Would it be worth the effort to submit a patch?

I'm all for it. And now is a good time, because we are now starting to spread
our headers around in /usr/include, which is not good. We should put them all
(and here I mean every header apart from glib.h) into a directory glib and
glib.h would just include every header from this dir. Every header in this dir
on the other hand is selfcontained and properly gaurded, just as in gtk or
anywhere else for that matter.

If the core developers approve, I would take care of getting that in. So Eric,
just post the patch (better than that of course is to post a URL to the new
headers as tar.gz, as a patch wouldn't make much sense here)

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi ira uka de           |     är himmlen så förunderligt blå