Re: simplifying closures

> Bindings are an issue because anyplace you take a C function
> like the above structure it becomes a mess because the LB can't
> store data in the closure (nor in many case be sure the data
> will get passed.)

I don't think this problem is as severe as you make it out to be. In the
scripting languages I'm familiar with, the binding creates a struct
containing whatever information it needs to execute the callback, then
passes it to signal_connect(). All callbacks are routed to a single C
function inside the binding, which parses the struct and calls back into the
interpreter as necessary. Perhaps other languages have more stringent
requirements for the callback mechanism?

Dan