Re: glib outstanding stuff

on 10/4/00 8:58 PM, Havoc Pennington at hp redhat com wrote:

> Or we could return the GString, or a guchar* and a length, perhaps.

I think a guchar* and a length is good. It's still just as easy to free with
a g_free.

> I don't think it really has to work on binary files (it's just a
> convenience function), so it's a question of what would be useful,
> and, well, convenient.

The similar convenience function in Nautilus is called
nautilus_read_entire_file and returns a pointer and length. It uses
gnome-vfs, and there's also an async. version. But it doesn't use
g_try_malloc since it's not ported to Gtk 2.0 yet :-)

    -- Darin