Re: memory profiling (was calling g_malloc & co via a vtable)
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Darin Adler <darin eazel com>
- Cc: Gtk Development List <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: memory profiling (was calling g_malloc & co via a vtable)
- Date: 04 Oct 2000 12:19:15 -0400
Darin Adler <darin eazel com> writes:
> Also, there are lots of things in glib, gtk, and gnome-libs that allocate
> one-time items and don't free on exit. Given the approach of the leak
> checker, each of these has to be identified by function name so it can be
That's the advantage of memprof over this type of leak checker.
> What do the Gtk+ maintainers think about a policy where we provide the
> additional code to free these data structures on exit, using g_atexit? I'd
> be happy to supply patches for this as well at some point.
Tim was strongly opposed at one point. Owen and I were thinking about
] [Thread Prev