Re: 1.2 theme properties / 2.0 default theme

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 01:15:28PM -0500, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> I like the scrollbars in Garret's Markup.  I don't like the beveling to
> show focus around the button, though.  I think that it takes up a lot of
> unnecessary vertical and horizontal space.

	Seconded.  The weird border thingy in Arlo's scrollbars is
simply a detriment to usability.  With these new settings capabilities,
a user that wants a big scrollbar gets one, and a user that wants a
small one, the same.  With the Arlo scrollbars, a wide scrollbar isn't
wide to click, just to see.

> I also really like the radio buttons and checkboxes from the mockup
> labeled "Proposed" and the arrows in the spin buttons from the mockup
> labeled "Proposed #2."  In each case I think that the UI elements are
> clear and easy to hit with the mouse.

	I have a personal bias against the win9x-style radio/check
buttons, so I'm gonna have to prefer the ones proposed by Arlo.  Maybe
the gradient is a bit much, but it has a 'prettier' look with the raised
grey, and is as easy, if not easier, to hit.  The spin buttons from
"Proposed #2" are certainly the clearest, as all the other proposals
are too busy in the arrow area, which can be distracting.

Joel

--

"Only a life lived for others is a life worth while."
							-Albert Einstein

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org