Re: 1.2 theme properties / 2.0 default theme

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> I spent some time over the last few days working on an
> look improvements for GTK+-1.2 for a couple of reasons:

Will this actually make it into the 1.2 series? It sounds like the
kind of change I would have expected to be rejected for the stable
series (though I definitely would like to see some improvement in time
for GNOME 1.4).

> I don't know if this is the direction we want to go for the GTK+-2.0
> default theme or if we want to go with something more radical.
> Some mockups that came out of a discussion on this subject are at:
>
>  http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/2.0/ui/

I think you mean

http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/ui/

I definitely dislike the dark gray arrows in the "Proposed" versions
there, they are too out of place and too vague as UI elements.

> I'm fairly partial to the look of Garrett's mockup (which basically
> became his Premier theme). But it has at least one major useability
> issue - you can't tell whether widgets are focused or not.

I like Arlo's proposal except for that cyan color. It could be really
sweet with a nice blue or something as the secondary color.

 - Maciej