Re: GdkSpan

Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:

> On 20 Nov 2000, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > I agree that generating spans and clipping them is the right thing to
> > do. My doubts come from the fact that there the possibility of very
> > significant optimization from having a routine that takes an array of
> > spans in banded order and does the clipping on all of them at once,
> > rather than clipping them one by one.
>
> Ok, this is a slight optimization in the case of sorted spans. How about
> this. It's even got docs.

Well, for complex regions, the optimization isn't slight - though
I suppose a simple region is more common.

Is there any point in having sorted and unsorted variants? Is the
unsorted variant really better than just calling the sorted variant
with 1 span multiple times?

If we need both variants I'd suggest just passing a 'gboolean sorted'
flag into a single function.