Re: GNOME CVS: glib wilhelmi

Hi,

> gnomecvs cvs gnome org (Gnome CVS User) writes:
> > CVSROOT:      /cvs/gnome
> > Module name:  glib
> > Changes by:   wilhelmi        00/11/02 07:31:10
> >
> > Modified files:
> >       .              : ChangeLog gspawn.c
> >
> > Log message:
> > 2000-11-02  Sebastian Wilhelmi  <wilhelmi ira uka de>
> >
> > * gspawn.c: Changed unportable __FUNCTION__ to the verbatim
> > function name.
>
> AFAIK, glib expected an ANSI C 89 compliant compiler (at least the
> syntax part, if not the library).  Isn't __FUNCTION__ a part of ANSI
> C?

Obviously not, as the others already stated, and I thought, that doing it
verbatim there is better than using any non-portable tricks like
G_GNUC_FUNCTION (in the sense that it only returns the function name for GCC
and "" otherwise). They are very good for things like g_assert,
g_return_if_fail et al, but if we know the function name, not using it
verbatim seems a bit silly (though admittedly a little more save for the
(improbable) case of renaming the function).

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi