Re: GNOME CVS: gtk+ timj

gnomecvs cvs gnome org (Gnome CVS User) writes:

> CVSROOT:	/cvs/gnome
> Module name:	gtk+
> Changes by:	timj	00/11/03 03:18:21
>
> Modified files:
> 	.              : ChangeLog
> 	gtk            : gtkobject.c gtksignal.c
>
> Log message:
> Fri Nov  3 08:58:38 2000  Tim Janik  <timj gtk org>
>
> * gtk/gtkobject.c: _g_signal_handlers_destroy() is prefixed with '_'
> now.

The plan has been to use the '_' prefix to control the export
of signals from libraries eventually.

If the function is public enough to use in GTK+, then it should
not get the underscore prefix.

To put it a different way, we should be able to change
the prototype for any function with the '_' in a stable
release, and not break compatibility.

If people implementing new non-GObjects with signals need
to use g_signal_handlers destroy, then it isn't prvate
in this sense.