Re: Multihead support for GTK

> I think its clear that the file selection needs major improvements,
> and a lot of people are working on that. But because there are several
> projects underway, and because the changes needed are big, it doesn't
> seem very feasible to get major changes into GTK+-2.0.

Why does one need a file selector anyway? Just drag-and-drop from
Nautilus...

This is a serious suggestion - using "Open" and "Save" boxes all over the
place is a barrier to productivity. (consider, for one, that it's much
easier to work on files from three or four different directories by dragging
to/from file browser windows, than to keep navigating back and forth inside
a modal, single-path dialog box).

Naturally old-fashioned developers and users will want to keep the notion of
file selection dialog. But just as the kernel developers both copy and
criticize other systems, so too must GUI designers remember to think
clearly, and not merely perpetuate the human interface status quo.

Dan