Re: A Query - how to install Gtk--?

There is a list specific to gtk--.

Libsigc++ is a library that provides a safe signal framework for C++ app.  Gtk-- uses this signal framework for the C++ parts (gtk provides it's own signal mechanisms but I imagine it doesn't work well with C++).

You need to install libsigc++, then gtk--.  I don't know if glade-- is dependent on gtk-- (for installing and running, that is) but inorder to use the C++ code glade-- spits out you will need gtk-- installed.

You may also want to check out libglade.  Libglade is a C library (I don't know if there are C++ wrappers, though you could make some) that creates the UI at runtime from the .glade file.  It's advantage is that you don't need to generate and compile any code for the UI itself and the UI can be changed without recompiling the app (just change the .glade file).

If you want/need rpms for a RedHat system on x86 platform e-mail me and I'll send them to you.

-D