Re: TODO list updates

On 27 Mar 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With Owen's guidance I added a bunch o' stuff to the TODO list:
>
>   http://developer.gnome.org/status/gtk+-todo.html
>
> So, if anyone is looking for a task, GTK could really use your help.
> The current set of people working on it is very small, and the time to
> 1.4 is very short.

"Icon List Widget: A simple icon list widget, suitable for creating a file
selector or the like."

I have created such a widget for my own filer some time ago. It supports
tens of thousands of icons without slowing down, flicker-free resizing,
lasso boxes (for selecting groups of items), scrolling for windows larger
than the X limit on window size, keyboard navigation, drag and drop and
much more. It has been extensively tested over many months.

It should be easy to convert - there are a few callbacks which should
probably be signals to work with the language bindings but apart from
that...

The widget is used in ROX-Filer on my web-site, below.

Anyway, some indication that someone has actually looked at it would be
nice, even if only to say you don't want it. Likewise for the savebox
widget... it rather puts you off doing more delevopment when you post a
patch and get no reply...

Thanks,

Thomas Leonard
--