Re: becoming embebbed

Yesterday at 19:26 acampos@ceronet.com wrote becoming embebbed:

> I say this because I'm becoming scared of widget reduplication between
> GTK and GNOME. And that is because GTK is putting the nose where it's
> not called.

I agree with the duplication. But I also wonder why some widgets are in
gnome and others are in gtk.Why is this splitted into multiple libraries?
I am often wondering why so much widgets are in gnome that could be in
gtk. But perhaps this could be solved indeed by moving the 'more advanced'
widgets from gtk and from gnome into libGtkExtra or something like that.

My project Bluefish uses only GTK, which works quite good and works on
most platforms and systems. But I lack all the gnome specific widgets.
Gnome seems to be still not as widely installed as gtk. A library like
libGtkExtra might solve that problem.

(correct me if I'm wrong in any of these arguments)

bye,
	Olivier

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me
spread:)