Handlebox problems

I'm working on a little app for myself which requires a handlebox.
I make a window, a vbox, all of my other widgets, a handlebox.  Then I
pack all of my widgets into the vbox, then I pack the handlebox into
the vbox and add the vbox to the window container.  It compiles fine,
but when I run it, as soon as I click on the handlebox (anywhere on
it), I get a segfault.  I loaded up gdb and here is the output of the
crash.  I'm unsure what it means.

0x40083434 in gtk_handle_box_button_changed (widget=0x8092108, event=0x809e570)
    at gtkhandlebox.c:932
932               in_handle = event->x > 2 * GTK_CONTAINER (hb)->border_width + child->allocation.width;

Thanks for any help... if you need any more info (such as code
snippets), please let me know.

-j