Re: SunOS linking (was: Re: Outstanding GTK+ patches)

It is much easier just to maintain LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

(I maintained a lot of gnu and other software on
solaris/sunos for over 3 years).

The problem is with setuid binaries LD_LIBRARY_PATH is ignored,
but then they are special cases that need more attention
anyway.