Re: recent gmodule.c change

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Martin Baulig wrote:

> So there is no way to distinguish whether the symbol wasn't found or
> whether it's NULL; in both cases g_module_symbol will return TRUE but
> `check_init' is NULL.
>
> We can't simply set an error condition in this case since this'd break
> in all cases when a symbol is really NULL.
>
> IMO it isn't a big problem to double-check whether `check_init' is NULL
> before calling it, this is just one single line of code and it avoids that
> every single application using gmodule dies a horrible death on NetBSD.

to get back to this kinda old thread ;)
we don't actually feature NULL symbols at all on any platform
(i just didn't remember and check thoroughly enough, luckily
a patch from Scott Presnell reminded me, thanks Scott).
the netbsd case just needed fixing to always set an error for NULL
symbols. CVS stable contains the correct code now (unfortunately
1.2.7 still went out with the buggy code this way ;( ).

> --
> Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org

---
ciaoTJ