Re: GtkImage changes

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:

> > Can we make the GtkImage structure opaque?  Otherwise some people who
>
> no, that defeats derivation. there's a way to make fields private
> that are intended to be private:
>
> struct
> {
>   /*< public >*/
>   gint public_int;
>   /*< private >*/
>   gint private_int;
> };

Uh, I was thinking of

	typedef struct {
		GtkWidget parent;

		gpointer priv;
	} GtkImage;

	... plus a bunch of setters/getters for all the interesting attributes

which is my current favorite way of writing opaque objects :-)

> > should hopefully be put in a mental institution and sent back through
>
> i've heared those are nice places, you get food for free 'n stuff.

Good point.

But we get it, too, at the office.

Oh, wait, so it's not that different :-)

  Federico