Re: gtk_label_get_text() string duping
- From: George <jirka 5z com>
- To: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico helixcode com>,Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gtk_label_get_text() string duping
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:43:28 -0700
On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 04:57:42PM +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> to impose the least restrictions on our users, we do take "const gchar*"
> for arguments, but only use gchar* for return values.
It also doesn't make the code easier to read. If you have
foo = gtk_foo_get_text(bah);
Then you can't see from that line if you should free the string. You have to
wait for the compier to give you a warning to even find out you may be doing
] [Thread Prev