Re: [xander <xvw warande0147 warande uu nl>] GtkItemFactory & interactive mods-editing

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 01:27:28PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:
> > On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Philip Armstrong wrote:
> > > We don't have this yet? Damn, I was just hacking up a change to
> > > gtkmenushell so that submenu's only popup if clicked upon, but I was
> > > expecting to be able to make it a configuration option with GConf or
> > > something in gtkrc.
> > use a class variable for now, preferrable with "FIXME: needs gtkrc
> > support", so we can easily spot this later on and fill the gap.
> Or a global #define and/or variable. There is no reason to make things
> class variables unless they should be modifiable in subclasses.

Wouldn't using a class variable reduce global namespace pollution? Not
that it matters that much as a temporary measure.

Anyway. It works, except that menus don't disappear when you click on
some other thing elsewhere in the window/desktop, since I've removed
the code which hides the submenu on deselection. (Submenus are removed
when you click on either a different menu entry, or click a second
time on the same submenu entry.)

Any ideas as to the cleanest way round this? I could use a GdkEvent to
detect any mouse click + delete the menus if it's outside the
currently visible ones, but that seems a bit of a hack.

(I'm just finding my way around the gtk code, so forgive me if I'm
missing something obvious...this particular 'featurette' seemed like a
reasonable place to start!)

cheers,

Phil

--