Re: GTK+ Future timelines and features, help needed ???

Hi,

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Bryan Patrick Coleman wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Dean Jones wrote:
> >the Bonobo object model,  GtkExtra stuff.  What the toolkit can do,
>
> I thought Bonobo was a python thing.

	Bonobo is a component object model; it is implemented in C, it
currently has no C++ bindings, but they would be appreciated, however it
presents rather a moving target.

> >can't do,  and can do better.  I am not quite sure if I would best
> >fit at the GTK+ layer,  or GNOME toolkit layer/Bonobo stuff.  If I knew
> >the plans of where GTK+ was going,  I could start picking things to
> >start hacking on.  And interesting issue would br GTK+ feature parity
> >with Qt, if it is not already ahead...  ;-)

	There is a large amount of interest in improving the support for
C++ programmers both in Gtk and Gnome, we need you all over the
shop. Contact Karl Nelson <kenelson@ece.ucdavis.edu> who I'm sure will
point you at a whole swathe of code that needs some loving care. You sound
like an ideal developer, don't go away =)

	HTH,

		Michael.