Re: gtk_label_get_text() string duping

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> el día Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:44:34 +0200 (CEST),
escribió:

[...]
>1) all programmers do intensive research to figure whether they
>   need to free stuff
>2) programmers don't expect to having to free() string getters, as they
>   don't have to free/unref other return type getters as well
>
>it should be obvious which of 1) or 2) is more likely.

I've worked in pascal bindings for some time, and I never expected
to free the results of getters, as I always tougth the getters are
just simple convenience functions for us (binders makers), like:
 foo_get_bar()
 {
   return(foo->bar);
 }
so we don't need to translate the structs...

just my 0.0000000000002 cents,
sergio