Re: pending stuff in havoc-patches

Federico Mena Quintero <federico@helixcode.com> writes:

> >  GtkDialog
> >  ===
> >
> >  Outstanding questions so I can finish this:
> >
> >    - Should SHORT_LIVED, PERSISTENT, etc. be GtkWindow flags?
> >      (These are semantic "types" of window, so we can make
> >      GTK_WIN_POS_MOUSE etc. user-configurable)
>
> Isn't this policy?  Or is it part of the wm-spec?

It is providing a mechanism for configurable policy. It would be
silly to have to add GnomeDialog, GnomeWindow, etc, just because
we needed some way of expressing the semantic window kind.

Also, if it does get added to the wm-spec, we can use this to
set the appropriate hints. (It isn't really in the wm-spec draft
that I just looked at.)