Timer problems.

(*Note: This is a resend because the mailing list doesn't like my other
address)

        Hello.  I think I've found a problem with the timer code in glib
1.2.8.  My
program initializes a gtk timer to call back every 5 seconds.  At each
callback, it walks along a linked list of a parsed XML document and
retrieves some data, which it displays.  The problem is that one of my
pointers (which I am using as the one end point of one of the linked lists I
use) seems to be "changing" after the first callback.  This leads to some
segfaults as the program follows invalid pointers.

first_link is the "first" link in a linked list of information about RDF
sites (basically, the URL which it retrieves RDF data from).
In the test case, the first_link->url member was
"http://www.kuro5hin.org/backend.rdf"
After the first callback, the pointer is suddenly
" `@Y `@Yww.kuro5hin.org/backend.rdf"
and other members are also "touched"

Using gdb, I traced the corruption point into the glib functions.  I have
not gone any further with it.

The code to the application can be downloaded here:
http://www.thock.com/Dylan/code/k5app_0.3.tar.gz

Any help, even a "you did this wrong, bonehead" would be greatly
appreciated, as I've been banging my skull against this thing for 3 hours
now :-/
--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- more than a state of mind.