Re: Anti-aliased font support library ready

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 02:53:35PM +0200, David N. Welton wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 12:38:07PM +0100, Philip Armstrong wrote:
> > enough anyway, this is probably off-topic for gtk-devel list, though
> > I think proper font handling should be a longer term goal of the
> > free software community in general. Is anyone working on a suitable
> > X extension? Time for another project?
> It would be nice if this interface were not dependent on X.  Having a
> good, solid, standard font interface that also could be used on
> pixbufs would be a plus.

Indeed, a completely flexible font rendering system that could render
locally to pixbuf, or remotely via an X extension, or anything else
would be nice. There's probably crossover here between this and the
gnome-print architecture, though it would be nice to be able to
properly antialias all font rendering, not just stuff in the
gnome-canvas.

(This must be off topic --- I'm talking about gnome :(  )

Phil

--
nosig