2 Mac-like questions
- From: Nils Barth <nils_barth post harvard edu>
- To: GTK Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: 2 Mac-like questions
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 01:47:34 -0400
Two questions on Mac-like features in GTK.
(1) Global menubar
I'm interested in a Mac-like menu bar -- the UI hit squad remarked
that this should be a GNOME panel applet. If I'm interested in
helping with this, to whom should I talk?
Also, can this currently be done with GTK? What is needed in GTK?
(a way to find out the menubar of the latest focused GTK application?)
(2) Macs make widgets in unfocused applications be painted in the
INACTIVE state -- is there any way of doing this currently in GTK
apps? Could one add a toggle to GNOME Control Center theme
selector/gtkrc for this?
(note -- the rationale behind this is it makes unfocused apps look
REALLY unfocused, and less distracting, though not everyone likes this)
Public key: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~nbarth/pub-key.txt
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next