Re: GLib file magics

> > gnome-vfs-mime-magic.c:
> > -       closely tied to file io (even so for the mime specification)
>
> This is lame, and we are planning to add versions of the interfaces
> that can work on in-memory buffers (and tell you how much a prefix you
> need to do all the magic tests, or have some kind of callback setup).

You've let Tim confuse you. Either that or this is actually a thread
from several months ago that has just now arrived in my inbox. Anyway,
gnome-vfs has let you work on in-memory buffers for a few months now,
and also has a read/seek callback setup so you can mime sniff things
that you don't necessarily have in memory all at once.

-- Dan